Call for Submissions: Major Projects and Studio Residents - Deadlines Extended
MAJOR PROJECTS - DUE DECEMBER 1ST (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
Eyelevel supports 1-2 "Major Projects" every year, which are off-site, itinerant and/or time-based projects by emerging and mid-career artists. Eyelevel supports the mounting of our major projects through successful project grant applications, and endeavors to cover materials, travel and production costs in addition to paying CARFAC project and presentation artist fees. Major projects are often paired with an artist talk or small publication and can take the form of exhibitions, research residencies, and/or performances.
Eyelevel does not operate a formal gallery space, applications for Major Projects should consider our model of programming from an artistic and logistical standpoint. Eyelevel will work with selected artists to secure appropriate venues for their project, and programs 1-2 years in advance, with all major projects occurring between June and November.
Visit our submissions page at eyelevel.art/submissions for the full application requirements
EYELEVEL STUDIO RESIDENTS - EOIS DUE NOVEMBER 20TH
Eyelevel is opening up 4 home studios this year, and is putting a call out for artists to send expressions of interest to Eyelevel. The demand for permanent studios is high, and Eyelevel will be lightly jurying expressions of interest in our studios. The studios are in the process of being built at 2177 Gottingen St. (above Radstorm) and will be accessible 24 hours a day. Studio Residents will have their own designated walled-off space of around 100 sq feet, free wifi and use of the bathroom, deck, and kitchen in our space. Studio Residents are encouraged to get to know Radstorm and make use of their facilities (photocopier, kiln, rehearsal space, screenprinting equipment, free fresh food, and a zine library)
Each studio will be rented on a monthly basis at $250 per month.
Expressions of interest should contain the following:
- A little bit about your practice and who you are
- What materials you will be using and what your space needs are
- A few images of your work or a link to your website, blog or social media account
When selecting residents, Eyelevel will be considering...
- Your needs and our capacity: do Eyelevel's facilities fit your needs, can we accommodate your practice physically and logistically?
- Your ability to access space: Eyelevel will be seeking residents who do not easily have access to studio space in another location
- Your practice gels with Eyelevel: We will be seeking artists who's work fits within Eyelevel's mandate of supporting contemporary art, and who's work aligns with our anti-oppression framework (no hate, no violence no discrimination)
- Your interest in Eyelevel: We are actively creating an engaged community through permanent home studios. Do you have an interest in Eyelevel beyond a studio? Tell us about it!
- Priority will be given to artists who identify as BIPOC, QPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+ and/or artists who feel unable to access professional arts organizations.
submit all applications by november 20th at midnight here: https://forms.gle/phPFSe2obJcC9JpV7. Applications can also be sent to email@example.com in the form of an email, shared with dropbox or google drive, pitched via a video or audio file or pitched in person and over the phone (contact us to arrange a meeting)
Questions? Reach out to Sally Wolchyn-Raab at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-425-6412