AlterEye Café Works : CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Eyelevel is excited to be partnering with Alteregos Café to launch our new member’s* project, AlterEye Café Works
AlterEye Café Works is a ten-month-long project from June 2023 to March 2024 that will provide 10 local artists with a paid opportunity to exhibit their work for one month each in Alteregos Café on Gottingen Street.
AlterEye Café Works will provide artists with:
- $330 honorarium
- One-month exhibition in Alteregos café
- The option to host an opening or closing exhibition w/ a small budget for snacks and drinks
- Installation support from Eyelevel’s staff
- Promotional support from Eyelevel
- The option to do a one-day Instagram takeover
AlterEye Café Works will be soft-juried with primary consideration of:
- the physicality of the work (will it physically fit in the space)
- content (people may express themselves through their work as they see fit however, we have a zero-tolerance policy for harmful content including but not limited to sexism, racism, transphobia, queerphobia, ableism, fatphobia, etc.)
- prioritizing Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), 2SLGBTQIA+, disabled artists, new and emerging artists and those who may not label themselves as artists, artists who have not yet had the opportunity to show work publicly
*A NOTE ON MEMBERSHIP
AlterEye Café Works is intended to be an Eyelevel Membership program, you can follow the LINK HERE to sign-up or http://eyelevel.art/membership for more information. We acknowledge the various ways this may be a barrier which is why we offer PWYC, volunteer, and free memberships. If you would like to request a volunteer membership please email us at email@example.com otherwise, the link includes a $0 membership option.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application by May 3rd, 11:59 PM AST
Eyelevel wants to make applying for this program as easy as possible. Our default way to accept applications is through google form, which can be found by pressing THIS LINK. Email submissions and pitches in person, over the phone or by zoom will also be accepted.
- To email your submission, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with responses to the questions below in the body of the email, as a word document, pdf, audio, or video file
- If you choose to apply in person, by phone, or over Zoom, please send a request to do so by April 17th via email to email@example.com
Questions? Contact Wren Tian at firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text us at 902-425-6412 or visit us during our bookstore hours (Wed-Fri, 12PM - 5PM)
Preferred communication method (email, phone call, text)
Tell us a little bit about yourself (the mediums and themes you work with, who you are, etc) - We encourage folks to self-identify to your own comfort
Tell us about the work you would like to show (context, medium, etc.) - Note: the dimensions of the space are 16ft x 7ft5in of wall space - does your work fit within this constraint?
is your work already complete?
This project will be running from June 2023 to March 2024 with a slot for each month starting in June. Eyelevel staff will be around to support with installation but we would ask the artist to be there as well. Do you have a month that you would not be available if your works were chosen?
Is there anything else that you would like to mention?
Have you worked with Eyelevel before? Have you ever shown publicly before?
Please submit up to 10 images, video files, or links to a website or social media platform of the work you would like to show
Eyelevel recognizes the support of the Province of Nova Scotia. We are pleased to work in partnership with the Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage to develop and promote our cultural resources for all.